CS3570 Introduction to Multimedia, Spring 2020
- Instructor: Cheng-Hsin Hsu (email@example.com)
- Time: Tuesdays 1:20 p.m.-2:10 p.m.; Fridays 1:20 p.m.-3:10 p.m.
- Location: Delta 103
- Office Hour: By email appointment
- TA: Min-Han Tsai (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ching-Ling Fan (email@example.com)
This course covers the technical background knowledge in multimedia technologies. We will focus on the representation, processing, and analysis of various types of multimedia data, including image, video, graphics, and audio. This course will require students to implement some classical algorithms to process the major types of multimedia data.
The lectures will be given in English. All the reports must be in English.
This course will cover the following tentative topics:
- Digital Media
- Digital Audio
- Digital Image
- Digital Video
- Multimedia Networking
- Machine Learning
- Extended Reality
- Burg, The Science of Digital Media, Pearson Prentice Hall, Inc., 2010 (available online).
- Li, Drew, and Liu, Fundamentals of Multimedia, 2nd Ed., Springer, 2014 (available online on campus).
- Steinmetz and Nahrstedt, Multimedia Systems, Springer, 2004.
- Lecure presentations with slides
- Guest speakers
- Final group projects
- Homework Assignments (40%)
- Exams (30%)
- Final Project (30%)