CS2336 Discrete Mathematics, Srping 2013
- Instructor: Cheng-Hsin Hsu (chsu AT cs.nthu.edu.tw), Delta (台達館) 643.
- Time: Monday 3:20 – 5:10 p.m., Thursday 2:10 – 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Delta (台達館) 109.
- Office Hour: Thursday 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. or by appointments.
- TA: To be annouced, EECS 742
We will discuss selected topics from discrete math, enumeration, graph theory, and some combinatorial optimization.
“Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics”, R. Grimaldi, 5th Edition, Addison Wesley (東華/新月代理).
Lectures, quizzes, exams.
This course will tentatively cover the following topics:
- Fundamental Principles of Counting (Chapter 1 in textbook)
- Fundamental of Logic (Chapter 2)
- Set Theory (Chapter 3)
- Properties of Integers: Mathematical Induction (Chapter 4)
- Relations and Functions (Chapter 5)
- Relations: The Second Time Around (Chapter 7)
- The Principle of Inclusion and Exclusion (Chapter 8)
- Generating Functions (Chapter 9)
- Recurrence Relations (Chapter 10)
- An Introduction to Graph Theory (Chapter 11)
- Trees (Chapter 12)
- Optimization and Matching (Chapter 13)
Quiz (48%), 12 times
Mid Term Exam (35%)
Final Exam (35%)