CS2336 Discrete Mathematics, Srping 2012
- Instructor: Cheng-Hsin Hsu (chsu AT cs.nthu.edu.tw), Delta (台達館) 643.
- Time: Monday 3:10 – 5:00 p.m., Thursday 2:10 – 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Delta (台達館) 109.
- Office Hour: Wednesday 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. or by appointments.
- TA: Ting-An Lin (tim19890901 AT gmail.com), EECS 741
We will discuss selected topics from discrete math, enumeration, graph theory, and some combinatorial optimization.
“Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics”, R. Grimaldi, 5th Edition, Addison Wesley (東華/新月代理).
Lectures, homework assignments, exams.
This course will tentatively cover the following topics:
- Fundamental of Logic (Chapter 2 in the textbook)
- Relations and Functions (Chapter 5)
- Relations: The Second Time Around (Chapter 7)
- The Principle of Inclusion and Exclusion (Chapter 8)
- An Introduction to Graph Theory (Chapter 11)
- Trees (Chapter 12)
- Optimization and Matching (Chapter 13)
Mid Term Exam 1 (20%)
Mid Term Exam 2 (20%)
Final Exam (30%)